Easy Thai Chicken Pizza
This recipe incorporates three of my most favorite things; pizza, Thia food and peanut butter. How can you go wrong when you add all these things together? It is very easy, but makes you look like a an accomplished chef. Okay, maybe not an accomplished chef, but more like a decent cook with skills.
What you will need:
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (you might need to add 1 Tb more to thicken)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tb soy sauce
- 4 cloves minced garlic (I used the jarred mince garlic)
- 3 Tb water
- 2 Tb oil
- OPTIONAL: Add a couple dashes of red pepper flakes for a kick
This peanut sauce can be used on wraps or as dip as well.
- Leftover chicken or 1-2 grilled/baked chicken breasts, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
- 3 or 4 sliced green onions
- 1/4 cub chopped cilantro
- 1 bag of cole slaw (you only use about 1-2 cups)
- 1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepared peanut sauce (see below)
For Peanut Sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine creamy peanut butter, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, water and oil.
- Heat peanut butter mixture to dissolve sugar, stirring often.
- Let cool.
- Makes about 3/4 cups.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Follow directions on pizza dough package. Roll dough out on greased pizza pan or cookie sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Take out of oven.
- Spread sauce over pizza then chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese over chicken.
- Add coleslaw, green onions and cilantro on top.
- Put bake in over and BAKE for 6-10 minutes more until the crust begins to brown.
- Let cool a bit, slice and enjoy! Makes 1 pizza. Serves 3-4.
Whoa, it sounds good!! I’ve never thought about mixing peanut butter and pizza! It definitely deserves a try! =)
Thanks. It is very delish. I believe peanut butter, and Nutella, goes with everything!
I can’t wait to make this! I’ve had the ingredients in my fridge for a week and tonight’s the night for me to try out one of your faves. My family doesn’t love cilantro (actually, I don’t like it), and I forgot green onions so I’ll use thinly sliced red onions. Can’t wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!
I’m also having a party in a couple of weeks….I think it would make a great appetizer!
Comments are closed.