This is my all-time new favorite soup — Creamy Tortellini Spinach and Mushroom Crock Pot Soup. I first saw the recipe over at Heather Likes Food. It is a warm and hardy soup perfect for a cold winter day.
What you will need:
- 24 oz. jar prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 lb browned ground beef
- 1/2 lb browned Italian sausage
- 1/2 to 1 full bag (4.5 oz) fresh spinach leaves (depends on if you like spinach or love spinach)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. REGULAR cream cheese (do not use Fat Free or Low Fat, only Regular…softened at room temperature and cut into small cubes)
- 8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 16 oz. frozen cheese tortellini
- Grated parmesan cheese (garnish)
1. Brown your ground beef and Italian sausage in a skillet on the stove. Stir in your spaghetti sauce. Add to your crock pot.
2. Next add chicken broth, cream cheese cubes and mushrooms into the crock pot.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours, on high for 2-3, stirring occasional to incorporate the cream cheese.
4. 20 minutes before serving, turn heat to high (if it isn’t already) and stir in the frozen tortellini and fresh spinach. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
5. Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
Serves about 4-8 (depending on how big of a bowl you take). The leftovers are even better! Enjoy!