You know I love easy cooking. I first saw this recipe on Pinterest, which lead me to the original recipe on The Wednesday Chef. I’ve changed just a few things–frozen shrimp instead of raw, crushed red pepper instead of hot chili powder–but I think it turned out great! In fact, next time I make this I might add some sausage to it and more veggies.
We served our Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli with sesame noodles which my kids love. You could serve it over rice also, but it is just as good all on its own. Enjoy!
What you will need:
2 pounds broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 pound large frozen shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 1/4 teaspoons lemon zest (from 1 large lemon)
Squeezed fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and begin defrosting your frozen shrimp by submerging them in a large bowl with cold water for 10-15 minutes.
2. Toss broccoli with 2 tablespoons oil, coriander, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and chili powder in a bowl.
3. Spread broccoli in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
4. Combine shrimp, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a bowl.
5. Add shrimp to broccoli on baking sheet and toss. Roast, tossing once halfway through, until shrimp are just warmed and broccoli is tender and golden around edges, about 5-10 minutes more.
6. Squeeze lemon juice all over shrimp and broccoli just before serving. Serves 4. Enjoy!
To make your dinner perfect, check these out…