In my latest box of produce from Imperfect Foods, I received some mangos. I thought they looked pretty perfect. I usually don’t buy mangos because my nephew is allergic to them, but he is away at college so it’s mango time!!
This salsa is so easy. You are literally just chopping and stirring. It is bright, sweet with some hints of spicy. Perfect for an appetizer or for your next taco night. You should make some for this Labor Day!
I’ve really enjoyed getting my box of Imperfect Foods every other week. They have amazing groceries and deliver to your door. You get to pick what you want in your box and how often you get it. Their mission is to reduce food waste throughout the world. With this link (Imperfect Food) you can get $10 to shop and create your imperfect box. Here is to celebrating the end of summer!
Easy Mango Salsa
Prep Time: 0:10 Cook Time: 0:00 Serves: 2-4
- 1 large mango, meat diced into small pieces
- 1/2 – 1 red onion, chopped (depends on how much onion you like)
- 1/2 – 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced or chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, trimmed and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Gather all your ingredients and start chopping!
2. I de-seeded my jalapeño pepper because I don’t like too much heat. Keep some of the seeds if you like heat.
3. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Pour lime juice over and stir. Salt and pepper to taste. I personally don’t salt my salsa because the tortilla chips usually have plenty of salt.
4. Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite tacos. Great topping for burgers also! Enjoy!!