DIY Carpet Deodorizer
Do you have kids? Do you have dogs? Do you have carpet? Then you need to make this…
One of my first projects I made with essential oils is this DIY Carpet Deodorizer. It is super easy to make. It will refresh your carpets and throw rugs while making your home smell lovely.
What you will need:
- Mason jar
- Baking soda
- Essential Oils of your choosing
1. Using a nail and hammer, poke holes into the lid of your mason jar. The more holes you make, the more powder comes out.
2. Add 1 cup baking soda to your mason jar with 15 drops of essential oil. I used lavender essential oil. Not only does it smell wonderful, it also helps calm my crazy kids and dogs. Stir together and let sit 20 minutes before use.
3. To use, sprinkle the powder onto carpets/rugs and let sit 10-20 minutes before you vacuum.
4. Vacuum as normal. Easy peasy.
I received a starter kit from Plant Therapy Essential Oils this past Christmas from my hubby. I couldn’t be happier with my gift!! I’ve been diffusing oils constantly ever since (using this diffuser). Out of all the Essential Oil companies out there, why did I choose to go with Plant Therapy? They are a small, family owned company that wants to make the highest quality essential oils at more affordable prices. They are not an MLM (multi-level marketing) company. They sell directly to the their customer. You can also purchase some of their oils on Amazon…what?!!! When I started to research essential oil companies, their name kept coming up over and over with great recommendations. They also have a Kid-Safe line. I’m excited to do more DIY with my essential oils so stay tuned!!