Summer Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
This is an easy and delicious summer ice cream cake. I make it for the Fourth of July, but it can be made anytime–birthdays, team or school parties or just because!
What you will need:
- Ice Cream Sandwiches, store-bought (enough for two layers in your pan)
- Whipped Cream (homemade or store-bought)
- Chocolate Chips
- Strawberries (washed and sliced)
- Blueberries (washed and drained)
- In a rectangular casserole or cake pan, add a layer of unwrapped ice cream sandwiches. Cut to fit sandwiches so entire bottom of pan is covered.
- Spread whipped cream over unwrapped ice cream sandwiches.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over whipped cream.
- Add another layer of unwrapped ice cream sandwiches then spread with whipped cream.
- Top with fruit (or chocolate chips if not a fruit lover). I like to make an American flag for the Fourth of July with strawberries and blueberries. You can make any design you’d like with the fruit or chocolate chips.
- Cover in foil and place in freezer for at least 1-2 hours.
- Pull out of freezer and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Once it has thawed, dish up this cool, gooey delight that everyone will love. I suggest making two because they go fast. Enjoy!
[…] 1. Summer Ice Cream Sandwich Cake from Cul-de-sac Cool […]
So going to make this! Super cute and perfect for these hot Texas summers!!
It is so easy, but people will think you slaved over it. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy!!
Comments are closed.