Pot Roast Quesadillas…Hello, Heaven!
For me, pot roast is okay, but when you melt it between two tortillas with sharp cheddar cheese, it becomes heaven. Put your pot roast in your crock pot during the day,then that evening make it into delicious quesadillas for dinner that the whole family will love.
What you will need for the Pot Roast:
- 4 pound boneless beef rump roast (or larger, depends on size of your crock pot)
- Veggies for flavor (use whatever is on hand–carrots, potatoes, onions. I used 1/2 of an onion, mushrooms, 1 sweet potato–note: sweet potatoes get mushy, use regular potatoes if you don’t like mushy).
- 1 can beef broth
- Salt and pepper
- Cut up veggies in big chunks and place in bottom of crock pot. Veggies aren’t used in actual quesadilla, but are to help flavor your roast. You can eat your veggies on the side if you’d like.
- Salt and pepper both sides of roast and place on top of veggies in crock pot.
- Pour 1/2 to 3/4 of canned beef broth over roast and veggies and put lid on crock pot.
- Turn crock pot onto High setting and cook 5-6 hours.
What you will need for Quesadillas:
- Shredded pot roast
- Tortillas (my new favorite is Mission Artisan Corn and Whole Wheat Blend
- Cheese ( I used aged sharp cheddar)
- A-1 Steak Sauce – 2/15 oz. bottles
- Sliced red onion (optional)
- Place bottom tortilla on a medium heated skillet or you could use this handy quesadilla maker, Hamilton Beach 25409 Quesadilla Maker.
- Add a layer of cheese, pot roast, A1 Sauce, sliced onions then another layer of cheese.
- Place second tortilla on top.
- Once bottom tortilla begins to brown, flip to brown other side.
- You might find some other tortilla inspired recipes here, The Well-Filled Tortilla Cookbook. Check it out and Enjoy!