Most Awesome Chicken Chili…Ever
This is my go-to chili recipe. People seem to love it and ask me to make it all the time. With the amount of beans in this here chili, I would definitely get some Beano! This is the perfect meal to serve a crowd. I make it for Halloween and call it Goblin Chicken Chili then I make it on our ski trip and call it Snow Cougar Chicken Chili. Whatever you call it, you are going to love it. Enjoy!
What you will need:
- 1 packet William’s Chicken Chili Seasoning
- 1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes with Zesty Jalapenos (Delmonte) or Rotel
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 can Great Northern Beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 can Black Beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 can Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 can Chopped Green Chilies (small can)
- 1 can White Corn – drained
- 1 can 98% Fate Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 oz. Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Onion Salt
- Dash of Red Pepper (optional)
- 4 Large Boiled/Baked/Grilled and Shredded Chicken Breasts (or Rotisserie Chicken de-boned)
- Boil/Bake/Grill chicken and shred (or de-bone rotisserie chicken) and set aside.
- Open all beans, drain and rinse.
- Place big pot on stove top–low to medium heat.
- Open all other cans of ingredients and dump into large pot, add beans and cream cheese.
- Add all dry seasonings to pot, including William’s Chicken Chili Seasoning packet.
- Toss in shredded meat and simmer for about 1 hour.
- If the chili is too thick, add some extra chicken broth to it.
Serves about 4-6 (depending on how big of a bowl you take). It is highly recommended making a double batch, because the leftovers are even better. Just double everything. Freezes nicely also.
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Sliced Green Onions
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sliced Black Olives
- Crushed Tortilla Chips
- Omit the chicken and add more beans and veggies (corn, diced tomatoes, squash, carrots).
- Use cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken.
- Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Omit the beans and add some pasta or rice and more veggies.
My kids love this!
[…] 1. Goblin Chicken Chili from Me…CuldesacCool.com! […]
Comments are closed.