Household Tipology – DIY Silver Cleaning
I had given my hubby a Champion Lover trophy a while back ago as a way of telling him I was pregnant with our third son. It is made of silver and began to tarnish. To bring back the trophy to its old glory, I decided to try the old “aluminum foil and baking soda trick.” It worked! Now my hubby’s trophy looks sparkly and new, just like he used to.
What you will need:
- Aluminum Foil
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- Soft rag
- Olive Oil
1. Put aluminum foil in the bottom of your pot. Fill pot with water.
2. Put 1 Tablespoon of baking soda into the pot and bring to a boil.
3. Place your silver object(s) into the pot. If possible, totally submerge. My trophy wouldn’t fit all the way in, so the bottom of it is still tarnished a bit.
4. Leave in the pot for 10-20 seconds then pull out.
5. Rinse your silver object with warm water.
6. You could also add 3-4 drops of olive oil to a soft rag and rub over the silver objects to help dry and polish the silver while providing a natural anti-tarnish.
If you are not up to making your own DIY silver cleaner, then check these out: Silver Cleaning Kits