It’s getting chilly out there. You know what that means? SOUP Season has begun. I love soup. I love cheeseburgers. With this easy to throw together soup you and your family can have both!!
Easy Cheeseburger Soup
Prep Time: 0:10 Cook Time: 0:35 Serves: 6
3 slices bacon, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. ground beef
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. yellow mustard
1 (16-oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups shredded cheddar, plus more for garnish
1 cup half and half
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
Pickle slices, for serving
1. In a large pot over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate.
2. Add your diced onion, celery, and carrot to pot and cook until soft, 5 minutes then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
3. Add ground beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Stir in mustard, broth, and diced tomatoes (drained). Bring to a simmer, and let cook about 10 minutes.
5. Lower heat and stir in cheese, half and half, and flour. Cook until the cheese has melted and soup is thickened, about 15 minutes.
6. Serve with bacon, cheese and pickles as garnish.
Original recipe from delish.com.