How is everyone doing? I hope you are hanging in there during this crazy pandemic? Some of you may not know, but I am a certified Barre instructor. I teach 4 Barre classes (along with one cardio dance class) here in Kansas City. With the gyms closed, I wanted to put out a 20 minute full-body Barre workout video for you to do at home that will hit your arms, legs, back and abs.
We need to keep moving as we stay at home. Be kind and have faith that we will get through this!! Oh, and wash your hands!!
If you are having trouble viewing this workout, you can go directly to this YouTube link: BARRE WITH BECCA: 20 Minute Barre HIIT Cardio with Weights
What you need:
- No bar needed
- Yoga Mat
- You can be barefoot or where shoes
- 2-5 lbs weights (I used 5 lbs. If you don’t have weights, use water bottles or cans of food.)
- Turn on your favorite music/playlist!!
1. Barre Warm-up
2. Barre HIIT Cardio with Weights
- Plie + Lunge + Knee Pull (16x, 8 each side)
- Modification: Slow down.
- Plie + Narrow/Wide Bicep Curl (8x)
- Pulse Plie + Narrow/Wide Bicep Curl (8x)
- Wide Plie + Shoulder Press + Jack (16x)
- Modification: Stationary plie or side-to-side plie instead of Jack.
- Tricep Extension + Rear Leg Lift (16x, 8 each side)
- Modification: Leave toe on ground instead of lifting leg behind.
- Lunge + Front Arm Raise + Front Kick (16x, 8 each side)
- Modification: Step feet together instead of front kick.
- Dead Lift + Back Fly (16x)
- Repeat 2 more rounds.
3. Ab Work
- Ab Tabletop Extentions
- Ab Alternating Toe Taps (16x)
- Ab Single Leg Extention (16x)
- Ab Double Leg Extention (16x)